Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Big Egg | NE Portland

An adorable breakfast spot on NE Alberta that doesn't have a wait for breakfast? I'm in.

The Big Egg, NE Portland | A Hoppy Medium

The Big Egg is a super cute spot amidst busy NE Alberta, serving up an ever-changing variety of breakfast sandwiches - with plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options to boot.

Z and I stopped in last weekend before meeting a friend at Great Notion Brewing right down the road, and we were glad we did.

To start off our meal, the cashier informed me that this chocolate cold brew creation exists. Life. Changed. (I even confessed on Instagram that this is one of my new obsessions).

The Big Egg, NE Portland | A Hoppy Medium

At The Big Egg, you order at the counter and then endure a short wait for your food (ours was about 15 minutes, but it seemed like that was only because it was a Saturday/busy). I ordered the Breakfast Wrap, which was filled with scrambled eggs, organic crimini mushrooms, organic green onions, house-made fire-roasted poblano sauce, organic yogurt-lime sauce, and white cheddar (although you could also get it with gorgonzola instead). I could have also added my choice of Olympia Provisions pork breakfast sausage, applewood smoked bacon, or Field Roast apple-sage vegetarian sausage for an additional charge, but opted not to.

The Big Egg, NE Portland | A Hoppy Medium

The Breakfast Wrap was delicious and incredibly flavorful - the yogurt-lime sauce really made it for me, and I loved the buttery, grilled wrap. 

Z had ordered The PDX Sandwich with over medium egg, local stone ground mustard, fresh organic chives, white cheddar, and Field Roast sausage (he added to it) on grilled brioche. While the flavor was fantastic, he was disappointed in how small the sandwich was. He was hungry not too long after we left, and he typically gets fuller faster than I do!

Overall, we really enjoyed our casual breakfast at The Big Egg, and we will be back. We'll just plan to order a little more food next time.

Oh, and you can't beat a short walk after breakfast to sip on Great Notion beers in the sunshine, am I right?

Great Notion Brewing | A Hoppy Medium

It was a great [late] Saturday morning indeed!

Have you checked out any new-to-you breakfast spots lately? 

The Big Egg Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment