Friday, June 24, 2016

Beer Friday: Passion Fruit Kicker by Green Flash

On most Fridays, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers! 

Passion Fruit Kicker by Green Flash | A Hoppy Medium

I'm usually not a fruit-flavored beer person. In order for me to like a "fruity beer," it usually has to be sour, or a super juicy IPA with just a hint of fruit. But a wheat ale brewed with fruit, or fruit juice? That really has to be good in order for me to like it.

And this here beer is one such wheat ale that my palate enjoyed. And, quite, frankly, it just might be what I sip on as the hot weather rolls in for good here in Portland (but it's also available just about everywhere - read on!).

What: Passion Fruit Kicker by Green Flash

Style: Wheat Ale

ABV: 5.
5%

Tasting Notes: Passion fruit juice meets a subtle hint of iced tea, while the evident malts and barely helped to balance out the fruit's sweetness. At 5.5% ABV + a light, crisp, refreshing mouthfeel, this was also dangerously easy to sip on in the sun.

Pairing Suggestion: This beer packs a passion fruit punch, so I'd pair it with more "basic" food - such as happy hour snacks (pretzels, popcorn, French fries, as we did). If you're looking for a more hearty meal to pair alongside this, I'd stick with a big ol' green salad, or a simple halibut dish. (Really, any dish that isn't wildly spicy or has a lot of competing flavors, as this beer has a lot of flavor all on its own).

Where Can I Find It? Green Flash's Passion Fruit Kicker is widely available. Check out this map to see where you can try it near you!

Are you a fruit-flavored beer person?

No comments:

Post a Comment