Friday, July 29, 2016

Beer Friday: Haze by Tree House Brewing Co.

On most Fridays, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers! 

Haze by Tree House Brewing | A Hoppy Medium

Z and I have some awesome friends.

Last week, we hosted two of those friends here in Portland - they flew in from Boston - and they were gracious enough to bring us a whole slew of goodies.

Goodies like Tree House beer. One of my very favorite breweries from the East Coast. 

While all of Tree House's beers are good, I'm focusing on Haze today because that's what I drank on the beach. And it doesn't get any more "summer" then enjoying a good beer by the sand and waves...am I right?

What: Haze by Tree House Brewing Co.

Style: American Double/Imperial IPA

ABV: 8.2%

Tasting Notes: If you're not typically a fan of IPAs (or, Imperial IPAs), this beer might just change your mind. While it definitely packs a hop punch, it is in no way those hop/malt bombs we've all been burned by before. Instead, Haze is a refreshing, hoppy, tropical fruit-forward beer that tastes delightful on a hot summer day. (Let's be honest: it tastes delightful on a freezing cold day, too).

Pairing Suggestion: This beer could stand up to salty (and/or stinky) cheeses, like a sharp cheddar or blue cheese. IPAs always go well with spicy food, too - and for dessert? Carrot cake. Trust me.

Where Can I Find It? Tree House Brewing in Monson, MA! (Even though they're moving eventually). It's worth the short drive from Boston, and it's worth waiting in line for. I promise.

Cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment