Friday, July 15, 2016

Beer Friday: Hallelujah Hopricot by Reverend Nat's Hard Cider

On most Fridays, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers! 

Reverend Nat's Hard Cider, Portland, OR | A Hoppy Medium

We're switching gears this week from beer...to cider! And we're talking about one of the best cideries here in good ol' PDX (in my humble opinion).

I've only been to Rev Nat's a handful of times - although I've enjoyed their bottled ciders several times as well - and every time I visit, they always have a wide, unique variety of ciders available. Not usually being a cider person myself (they tend to be too sweet and artifical-tasting for me), I love how Rev Nat's ciders are always crisp, not too sweet, and super spot-on in terms of flavor.

Last weekend, we visited their taproom again and I ordered this year-round gem that's even more ideal for summertime imbibing. (Note: Many of Rev Nat's taproom ciders rotate regularly, but this one is always available).

What: Hallelujah Hopricot by Rev Nat's

Style: Hard Cider

ABV: 6.7
%

Tasting Notes: Cascade and Amarillo hops give this cider the dry, hoppy qualities it needs to help balance out the sweetness of the apricot juice and heirloom apples. I loved how crisp, refreshing, and not artificially sweet this cider is, while still letting the apricot notes be the star of the show. I can see why it's one of Rev Nat's best-sellers!

Pairing Suggestion: A huge bonus is that Rev Nat's has Sizzle Pie available at their taproom! But, if you're not hanging out there and just want a bottle to share at home (yes, Hallelujah Hopricot is also available in bottles) I recommend pairing this with a cheese plate. The subtle spice from the hops and sweetness from the fruit would make any cheese pairing that much more epic. 

Where Can I Find It? At Rev Nat's - on tap, in bottles, and/or growlers to-go! Their taproom is located at 1813 NE 2nd Avenue in Portland. However, you can also find bottles at a slew of local gourmet or specialty foods markets in Oregon, Washington, and Southern California. (You may also have luck if you live in Idaho, Hawaii, British Columbia, or Tokyo, Japan. True story). I'd just recommend calling your local shops to see if they carry Rev Nat's ciders.

Are you a cider fan? What's one of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment