Friday, November 13, 2015

Beer Friday: Alter Ego by Tree House Brewing Co.

Every Friday, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers!


Brewery: Tree House Brewing Co. in Monson, Mass.

What: Alter Ego

ABV: 6.8%

Tasting Notes: A dangerously easy-to-drink American IPA. It is available on tap/for growler fills at the brewery, but I prefer it in a tallboy can, as pictured above. I like my IPAs juicy (ew?), and Tree House always nails that citrusy, thirst-quenching IPA that I crave. This particular brew is similar to their Julius IPA (also fantastic), but is chock-full of Mosaic and Amarillo hops, as well as citrus (Tree House calls it the "Devil Julius"). We crushed quite a few of these as we traveled cross country (not while driving, Mom!), and it was the perfect companion after a long day behind the wheel. (It would also be the perfect beach...hiking...snowboarding companion, too).

Pairing Suggestion: This is best on its own, but as with all IPAs, spicy food is king (this + tacos would be my heaven). But really...I'd pair it with just about anything and be happy.

Where Can I Find It? Tree House Brewing in Monson for cans or growlers; or you might be lucky enough to find it on tap at these few places (scroll to the bottom of the page). Into beer trades? TRADE FOR THIS ONE. You won't be disappointed.

Side Note: For my peeps on the East Coast, it's a beautiful drive to Monson. Pick up some cans at the brewery then head to B.T.'s Smokehouse for BYOB and BBQ. They do have some vegetarian options, too!

Have you ever had Tree House's beer? If so, what do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I have ever had Tree House, but I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their beer is sooo good. And it's a surprisingly quick, pretty ride from Boston!

      Delete