Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy Holidays

This week, I am doing orientation and training for my new job. Z and I also have some sort of family-and-or-friend get-together every night this week. I'm still slightly jet-lagged from our red eye flight Thursday night from Portland to Boston. And I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping.

My niece, Aubrey, and I reunited for the first time since we moved across the country!


But, thanks to my extended family's annual party this past Saturday night, I was reminded what the holidays are all about. (This is also my first time living so far away from my family, so coming home for the holidays meant more to me than ever this year). Not the stress. Not the rushing around. The holidays are about taking time to reflect on what really matters in your life, and to just downright enjoy them. Hug your family members. Make time to see friends. Eat that extra piece of pie. We can all start stressing again in the new year - but, for now, take the time to just enjoy the one time of year we can all feel a little peace.

Happy Holidays to you. See you again next week!


2 comments: