Friday, December 4, 2015

Beer Friday: Bourbon County Stout 2015

Every Friday, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers!

Bourbon County Stout 2015 | A Hoppy Medium

Every Black Friday, Goose Island releases my all-time favorite beer: Bourbon County. While there are several variants of the stout, the original is always the best, in my alcoholic opinion.

Let's put it this way: My version of heaven would have Bourbon County on tap at all times. That's how much I love this damn beer.

Brewery: Goose Island, Chicago, Illinois

What: Bourbon County Stout, 2015

ABV: 14.3%

Tasting Notes: This brew always gets better with age (and don't drink it ice cold out of the fridge; room temperature is best!), but it's also impressively delicious fresh. Not for the faint of palates, it's nicely boozy, with the bourbon being wonderfully smoothed out by the rich chocolate and vanilla bean notes. The mouthfeel of this stout is also incredibly sultry, leaving you wanting to drink it down much faster than its high ABV allows you to.

Pairing Suggestion: Any dessert that's chocolate and/or coconut-based. (Side note: Have a French press? Infuse Bourbon County with your own flavors. Z and I personally love infusing a bottle with toasted coconut, cinnamon, and chocolate - inspired by their Proprietor's variant!).

Where Can I Find It? Given this beer's popularity, it can be very hard to find on tap (except on Black Friday and during Goose Island's Migration Week), but finding it in bottles should be a little easier. Click here to see where Bourbon County's available near you. Trust me: it's worth the hunt!

Have you tried this year's Bourbon County Stout yet? And/or any of its variants? If so, which one's your favorite? 

5 comments:

  1. I love this beer, but even one gives me such a headache! I am a huge Goose Island fan though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's strong! I usually have to start drinking it early in the night so I can finish it well before bed...and still be somewhat sober. ;)

      Delete
  2. I like Goose Island - don't think I have ever had this one though. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge Goose Island fan though!

    ReplyDelete