Monday, November 30, 2015

Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family, friends, great food, and tasty beverages. We sure did!

We had Z's parents and brother in town, and it made for a really lovely first Thanksgiving in Portland. Our menu was simple, as I mentioned last week - but I just had to share what I made for dessert, as this recipe is always a winner in our house.

Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars | A Hoppy Medium

The dessert I made was these Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars from Sally's Baking Addiction. I knew they'd be perfect as Z's family isn't huge into sweets, so I could cut these small for a little bite after the big meal. I've made this recipe a few times now, and it always comes out great - and, despite the long ingredient list, they're surprisingly easy to make, too!

(Side note: I always just buy a jar of salted caramel sauce versus making my own, but if you can't find salted, just get caramel and sprinkle the bars with sea salt or fleur de sel).

These bars would make a great addition to any holiday party spread. (They also go wonderfully with a piping hot cup of coffee at breakfast. Just sayin').

How was your Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. these look amazing!! glad you guys had a nice first thanksgiving in Portland!

    ReplyDelete