Friday, March 11, 2016

Beer Friday: Ballast Point Mango Even Keel

On most Fridays, I'll share a beer I particularly enjoy, and think you might as well. This series will feature beers from all over the U.S. (and when we're lucky, the world). Cheers! 

Ballast Point Mango Even Keel | A Hoppy Medium

I definitely drink my fair share of high ABV beers. But sometimes - especially in the warmer months, which will be here oh-so soon - I like to sip on the lighter stuff. I've been a fan of many of Ballast Point's beers for quite some time now, but my current favorite canned beer of their's is definitely the Mango Even Keel

What: Mango Even Keel by Ballast Point, San Diego and Temecula, CA

Style: Session IPA

ABV:
 3.8%

Tasting Notes: Super light, super easy to drink, and super full of mango flavor - without being overly artificial or too sweet. The juicy mango complements the floral, almost spicy hops well, making this one crushable and tasty IPA.

Pairing Suggestion: Cornhole in the backyard with the grill going! Seriously: this is the perfect outdoor-playing-yard-games-and-grilling brew. But, if you must have a food pairing, a delicate fish (and/or fish tacos) would be delightful, as would a soft, stinky cheese (Ballast Point even recommends Stilton, but a blue or Gorgonzola cheese would also be divine). 

Where Can I Find It?
 Many places! Mango Even Keel is a year-round beer, so it is widely available. 

What's your favorite warm-weather beer?

4 comments:

  1. I'm usually a little wary of fruit beers, but I'll give this one a try! I don't really have a beer I like better in the summer. Anything tasty and cold works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect beach beer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ballast Point - I agree they make great warm weather, drinking on the beach beers. Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete